Our firm - History
Tolhurst Druce & Emmerson has a proud heritage of legal service in Melbourne spanning well over 100 years.
Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /home/tde/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 121
Our firm was originally established under the name of Tolhurst & Druce by Charles Henry Tolhurst and William Ernest Druce in 1896. In 1945, the name changed to Tolhurst Druce & Emmerson following the admission to partnership of Keith Emmerson - beginning a name that we are proud to carry into the present day.
In recent years, Tolhurst Druce & Emmerson has conducted successful mergers with two long-established law firms: Gavan Duffy & King in 1998 and Doyle & Kerr in 2001. We also incorporate the firms Puglisi, Heffey & Pavlidis, Louis S Lazarus, Gilbert Bell and D Condon & Co.
Tolhurst Druce & Emmerson is keen to ensure that we can fully represent the needs of our clients. In 1991, a network of mid-sized law firms was established around Australia. Named Law Network Australia, this association ensures that we can now offer our clients effective and expert legal representation in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, and Brisbane.